Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Much Belated Update

We're both hopelessly behind on posting, but we can both beg off by saying it's been a busy couple of weeks. My mom returned from Turkey a couple of days after the earthquake in Los Angeles, and two days after that, I skipped off to go backpacking with my dad in the Sierras. I won't give anything away about Kirsten's trip to the Channel Islands with my mom, but have a couple of photos from the trip with my dad.

As far as trips go, this was perhaps one of the sloppiest planning jobs my dad and I have ever pulled off. We spent about twenty minutes after dinner one night planning our menu, he went to the grocery store, and we drove up 395 with a bunch of groceries melting in my trunk. All told, though, the trip turned out really well. We put in at North Lake Wednesday evening, made it over Piute Pass by dark (no small feat, that), and came back by way of Evolution Valley and Lamarck Col, returning to the car Sunday about noon.

As for life back in the city, we're moved in to our new place in Koreatown (a couple of brief thoughts from that here), and should hopefully have some photos up from there sometime soon.







No comments: