Thursday, October 2, 2008

Uh, it's "Sah-wah-roh"...

This past weekend I braved many dangers. Heat over one hundred degrees. Prickly thorns and dusty soil. And certainly not least, I braved perhaps the most terrifying experience of all- the Los Angeles Freeway System. Cue ominous music. I must confess that driving in Los Angeles has been the stuff of my nightmares. But I survived. Navigating the craziness of on-ramps, merging lanes, exit lanes that aren't really exits (just thinking about it stresses me out), I proved to be a capable, if occasionally profane driver. Anyway, this pointless musing belongs elsewhere, but the story I'm telling takes me to the town of Tempe, Arizona and the Lovely Kate "Koala" Wicker. And since I'm out of time and am not really sure that this will be interesting anyway, let's just skip to the desert photos.


I'm sure that I had something to say about my trip when I began this post, but I think I shall end with the thought that it's wonderful to be able to visit friends.

No comments: